Why book your Santorini airport transfer with Santorini-Transfers
- There is a limited number of taxis around the island which makes it hard finding one forthwith when you arrive at the airport. You can save your self the hassle and the stress of finding a means of transportation, by prebooking your transportation with Santorini-Transfer
- Meet & Greet. A professional driver will be waiting you holding a board with your name written on it.
- Pre-arranged transfer cost. Taxis in Santorini charge based on a taximeter (combining distance & time) which means you can’t really know beforehand the transfer cost. Santorini-Transfers lets you know the exact transfer cost.
- We are always on time. Our flight tracking system let us monitor your departure or arrival flight time and make any necessary changes.
- Excellent ride quality. All of our drives are extremely professional while we make sure our cars are new and kept in a perfect condition.
Popular Transfer Destinations from & to Santorini Airport
About Santorini Airport
Santorini in one of the few Cyclades islands to have its own major airport. Santorini Internation Airport (or JTR)is located in the southeastern part of the island, near the village of Kamari. It started operating in 1972 and has since been subdued to many changes and upgrades.
Due to Santorini being a world-renowned tourist destination dozens of well known greek and foreign airlines operate on it. Only some of them are Ryanair, British Airways, Aegean Airlines, Alitalia and many more.
Size problems & new ownership
Because of its apron’s small size Santorini Airport can only serve up to 6 airplanes at the same time which often leads to overcrowding and delays.
In 2015 Santorini Airport, along with other 13 regional Greek airport, were sold and privatised.
By 2020 is due to a lot of improvements which include:
- Terminal expansion
- Apron area improvement
- Fire safety improvements